Virkon S tablets, 5 kg
Virkon S tablets, 5 kg is a wide-spectrum virucidal disinfectant for veterinary use. It is acknowledged worldwide as a leading product for animal disease treatment and prevention. It allows for flexible applications for a wide range of viruses, bacteria, and fungi, with reliable results every time.
- Virucidal, bactericidal, fungicidal effects;
- Wide range of applications;
- Works well in low temperatures, in hard water, on porous surfaces, and in the presence of organic matter;
- Oxygen based formula, containing organic salts and organic acids;
- Low residual toxicity;
Virkon S is a disinfection product for use in the veterinary field:
- Three-quarters of the ingredients in Virkon S are inorganic substances, which decompose naturally into simple inorganic salts. The rest are organic compounds, classified as biodegradable according to test standards;
- Virkon S oxidizes the sulfur bonds in proteins and enzymes, interrupting the functions inside the cell membrane, and causing the cell wall to rupture. There is no evidence to suggest that disease-causing bacteria develop resistance to Virkon S when compared to other types of disinfectants;
- Meticulous tests during the manufacturing process allow Virkon S to be a balanced, stabilized mixture of peroxygen compounds, surfactant, organic acids, and inorganic elements;
- Can be used for general decontamination of surfaces, portable equipment, vehicles, and for sanitation of water supply systems and air decontamination.
Methods of application:
- Mix 50 tablets with 25 liters of water to obtain a volume of working solution.
Pressure spraying for surfaces and equipment - 1: 100 (300 ml per sqm), 10-30 minutes.
For disinfections - 1: 100.
Water system decontamination - 1: 100 - 1: 200, 10 minutes.
Air/environment treatments in the absence of livestock - 1: 200 (1l per 10 sqm).
ULV cold treatments for air decontamination in the absence of livestock - 1:25 (1l pe 40 sqm).
Air decontamination in the presence of livestock - 1: 200 (1l per 10 sqm).
Continuous decontamination of water systems - 1: 1000.
Thermal fogging for air decontamination in the absence of livestock - 1:25 (1l per 40 sqm).
Time of action
|Bactericidal||Salmonella enteritidis phage||1:100||5-15 minutes|
|Bactericidal||Salmonella enteritidis phage||1:200||30 minutes|
|Bactericidal||Salmonella enteritidis phage||1:200||5 minutes|
|Bactericidal||Bordetella bronchiseptica||1:500||5-15 minutes|
|Bactericidal||Bordetella bronchiseptica||1:200||30 minutes|
|Bactericidal||Haemophilus pleuropneumoniae||1:200||5 minutes|
|Bactericidal||Chlamydia psittaci||1:100||10 minutes|
|Bactericidal||Streptococcus suis||1%||10 minutes|
|1% (1:100)||5 minutes|
|1:200 (0,5%)||5 minutes|
|1:100 (1%)||5 minutes|
|1:100 (1%)||10 minutes|
|Fungicidal||Candida albicans||1:200||10 minutes|
|Fungicidal||Aspergillus fumigatus||1:100||5 minutes|
|Fungicidal||Tricophyton mentagrophytes||2%||10 minutes|
Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus
Feline infectious peritonitis
Equine herpes virus
Feline rhinotracheitis virus
Equine influenza A
Canine parainfluenza virus
Feline panleukopenia virus
|Virucidal||Swine circovirus||0,5%||10 minutes|
|Virucidal||African suine fever virus||1:800||30 minutes|
|Virucidal||Maedi - Visna virus||1:1400||30 minutes|
|Virucidal||Avian leucois virus||1:200||30 minutes|
|Virucidal||Rabie virus||1:600||30 minutes|
|Virucidal||Canine parvoviruss||1:50||30 minutes|
|Virucidal||Avian influenza virus H9N2||1:1000||10 minutes|
|Virucidal||Avian influenza virus H5N1||1:800||10 minutes|
|Virucidal||Newcastle disease virus||1:1500||10 minutes|
|Virucidal||Foot and mouth disease||1:1300||30 minutes|
|Virucidal||Swine vesicular disease||1:200||30 minutes|
|Virucidal||The diseases of poultry (including avian influenza)||1:280||30 minutes|
|Concentration / Application dosage||Time of action|
|Pressure spraying for surfaces and equipment||1:100 (300 ml/m²)||10-30 minutes|
|Decontamination of the water system||1:100 - 1:200||10 minutes|
|Air decontamination by spraying with a suitable device in the absence of animals||1:200 (1l/10 m²)|
|Air decontamination by cold fogging in the absence of animals||1:25 (1l/40 m²)|
|Air decontamination in the presence of animals||1:200 (1l/10 m²)|
|Continuous decontamination of the water system||1:1000|
|Air decontamintation by hot fogging in the absence of animals||1:25 (1l/40 m²)||
Skin contact and vapor inhalation should be avoided. Generally recommended precautions for handling chemicals should be applied, such as the use of protective goggles, protective gloves, and other protective equipment.
Please be sure to read, understand, and follow the full Conditions, Disclaimer, and Directions for Use. Use the appropriate personal safety equipment if required and when needed.
|Destination use||Population, Professionals, Trained personnel|
|Shelf life (years)||3|
|Treatment of||Drinking water, Veterinary surfaces|
|Spectrum||Bactericidal, Fungicidal, Sporicidal, Virucidal|
|Pathogens||Candidosis, Ecoli, Flu, MRSA, Salmonella|
|Active Substance Concentration||50 g/kg|
|P102||Keep out of reach of children|
|P103||Read label before use|
|P273||Avoid release to the environment|
|P301+P312||IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell|
|P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|H302||Harmful if swallowed|
|H332||Harmful if inhaled.|