Melsept SF, 5 litres is a concentrated solution used for disinfection of high-risk areas in hospitals, but can also be used effectively in general applications. Thanks to its aldehyde-based formulation, it provides efficient action against a wide range of pathogens that can prove to be harmful to humans.
- Aldehyde and ammonium formula;
- Safe for medical applications;
- Safe for the food processing and storage industry;
- Safe for dental molds disinfection;
- Cleaning and disinfectant action;
- Wide range of action;
- Highly compatible with many materials;
Melsept SF is a formaldehyde-free surface disinfectant:
- its effectiveness is based on the high content of aldehydes, without containing formaldehyde, following the DGHM norms;
- Provides active action against bacteria, mycobacteria (M. Tuberculosis), fungi, encapsulated and non-encapsulated viruses (including HBV / HCV / HIV);
- The active washing agents ensure a hygienic cleaning, the use of other washing agents is not necessary.
Methods of application:
- Fill a vessel with cold water, and add the required amount of Melsept SF disinfectant.
- The surfaces are completely moistened with the solution and are left to naturally dry.
- Furniture and medical equipment are wiped with a cloth soaked in Melsept SF.
- Perform a test before use on sensitive materials by applying to a small area.
Composition: ethanol 44 g, surfactants, perfume, purified water.
|Surface disinfection according to DGHM/VAH||0.5%||1 h||50 ml/10 liters|
|According to DGHM/VAH||0.5%||4 h||50 ml/10 liters|
|Bactericidal||2%||15 min||200 ml/10 liters|
|Tuberculocidal||2%||1 h||200 ml/10 liters|
|Tuberculocidal||1%||4 h||100 ml/10 liters|
|Limited Virucidal (including HBV, HCV, HIV)||0.5%||15 min||50 ml/10 liters|
|Virucidal||2%||2 h||200 ml/10 liters|
|Rotavirus||0.25%||5 min||25 ml/10 liters|
|Polyomavirus||1%||15 min||100 ml/10 liters|
|Polyomavirus||0.5%||30 min||50 ml/10 liters|
|Adenovirus||0.5%||15 min||50 ml/10 liters|
|Poliovirus||2%||2 h||200 ml/10 liters|
|Norovirus||1%||30 min||100 ml/10 liters|
Please be sure to read, understand, and follow the full Conditions, Disclaimer, and Directions for Use. Use the appropriate personal safety equipment if required and when needed.
|Destination use||General public / amateur, Professional, Trained professional|
|Shelf life (years)||3|
|Treatment of||Medical surfaces|
|Spectrum||Bactericidal, Fungicidal, Medical, Mycobactericidal, Virucidal|
|Pathogens||Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, Tuberculosis|
|Active Substances||Didecyldimethylammonium chloride, Glutaraldehyde, Glycol|
|P201||Obtain special instructions before use|
|P260||Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray|
|P280||Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection|
|P301+P312||IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell|
|P303+P361+P353||IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower|
|P304+P340||IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing|
|P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. , P308+P313|
|P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician|
|P405||Store locked up.|
|H302||Harmful if swallowed|
|H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage|
|H317||May cause an allergic skin reaction|
|H332||Harmful if inhaled|
|H334||May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled|
|H335||May cause respiratory irritation|
|H341||Suspected of causing genetic defects <state route of exposure if it is conclusively proven that no other routes of exposure cause the hazard>|
|H400||Very toxic to aquatic life|
|H412||Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.|