Meliseptol, 5 litres
Meliseptol, 5 litres is an alcohol-based disinfectant that comes ready to use for the cleaning of any types of non-invasive medical devices such as chairs, beds, equipment, or surfaces.
- Alcohol-based formula;
- Wide range of medical applications;
- Efficient alcohol concentration;
- Enhanced performance;
- No aldehydes or QAC;
- Lemon odor;
- Effective against mycobacteria and non-enveloped viruses.
Action mode of Meliseptol:
- It provides cleaning and sanitization for medical applications;
- Suitable for sensitive surfaces, medical devices, ultrasound probes, examination chairs, hospital beds, and surgery room equipment;
- Active action against bacteria (including TB and MRSA), fungi, encapsulated viruses (including HBV, HCV, HIV), and against Rota-, Polyoma-, Noro- and Avian Influenza Virus.
Methods of application:
- Switch off electrical devices and unplug power sockets.
- Wipe surfaces using disposable paper napkins soaked with Meliseptol.
- Allow for the contact time to pass and the surface or devices to fully dry.
- In case of visible contamination, the procedure must be performed in 2 stages: first, remove dirt with a disposable paper napkin soaked in Meliseptol, then disinfect using a second napkin soaked in Meliseptol.
- Bacteria and lees (S. aureus, E. hirae, P. aeruginosa, C. albicans) - 1 minute.
- Mycobacteria (M. terrae/M. avium) - 1 minute.
- Enveloped viruses (including HBV, HCV, HIV, vaccinia virus, BVDV) - 30 seconds.
- Non-enveloped viruses (Rotavirus, Adenovirus, Norovirus) - 30 seconds.
Good compatibility with materials: Hemodialysis device, acrylic glass, ultrasound probes, latex, rubber, silicone, macrolone.
|Microorganism||Test norms||Application time|
|Bacteria and lees (S. aureus, E. hirae, P. aeruginoasa, C. albicans)||EN 13697 (including EN 1040, EN 1275, EN 13727, EN 13624)||1 min|
|Mycobacteria (M. terrae/M. avium)||EN 14348||1 min|
|Enveloped viruses (including HBV, HCV, HIV, vaccinia virus, BVDV)||DVV/RKI||30 sec|
|Non-enveloped viruses (Rotavirus, Adenovirus, Norovirus)||EN 14476||30 sec|
Please be sure to read, understand, and follow the full Conditions, Disclaimer, and Directions for Use. Use the appropriate personal safety equipment if required and when needed.
|Destination use||Population, Professionals, Trained personnel|
|Shelf life (years)||3|
|Treatment of||Medical surfaces|
|Spectrum||Bactericidal, Medical, Mycobactericidal, Virucidal|
|Pathogens||Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, MRSA, Tuberculosis|
|P102||Keep out of reach of children|
|P103||Read label before use|
|P273||Avoid release to the environment|
|P301+P312||IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell|
|P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|H302||Harmful if swallowed|
|H332||Harmful if inhaled.|